Re: [PROPOSAL] Origin and Bugs support

I presume that packages without a Bugs field will be treated as if
they have a default value (presumably debbugs), and that packages
without an Origin field will be treated as if they have a default value
(perhaps Debian)?

Also:
On Sun, Nov 26, 2000 at 04:28:44AM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Origin gives a package a way to indicate where it is coming from.
> This can be used to find information about its origin in
> /etc/dpkg/origins/<origin>. The origin information file there
> can list an Bugs field that overrides the Bugs field in the package
> itself.

Is this /etc/dpkg/origins/<origin> on the local system?  I'm curious
about how you visualize this information being maintained, and I'm
wondering if there's any policy implications there.

Thanks,

--
Raul