Re: A thought on urgency

Hello Seth,
SRA> * Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> [000919 11:30]:
>> > At the risk of being ostracized for being a smartass, the point of the
>> > field isn't for humans; it is for software to make automatic updating of
>> > systems easier and less prone to surprises.
>> Yes, that's exactly my point. You're already saying this field is not
>> for humans. My point is we have striven to keep all fields in the
>> control file directly usable by humans.
SRA> And, is the use of the Version: field any different?

IANDD but I'd prefer Urgency-Serial with, for example:
    new feature = +1
    whishlist bug fixed = +1
    normal bug fixed = +5
    important bug fixed = +10
    grave bug fixed = +50
    security hole fixed = +100

This could be easily incremented automatically and would
have no drawbacks mentioned in this tread.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

--
Best regards,
 Aigars                            mailto:aigarius@zednet.lv