Re: ITP seahorse

On Sat, May 20, 2000 at 07:46:11PM -0600, John Galt wrote:
> Has anyone submitted the non-US tree to Treasury so that it can be
> reviewed and exported legally? Unless somebody's done that, the
> current export control laws still prevent export of it...They've been
> LOOSENED, not eliminated.

Um.. true.  But either I didn't understand the original topic, or the
topic has just been changed.

As I understand the current export regs, cryptography software with
weak keys (defined as less than some number of key bits -- I think 40)
can be exported without any special permits.

Now, I've not studied this issue intensely, and regs change fairly
quickly.  But if I'm wrong, I'd like to see a reference to or a quote
of the relevant regulation.

Thanks,

--
Raul