Re: no lintian warning on undocumented(7)

Raul Miller <moth@debian.org> writes:

> On Fri, Feb 25, 2000 at 12:27:26AM -0800, Chris Waters wrote:
> > If we need an excuse, here's a simple one: policy requires that you
> > have a bug report on file if you use undocumented(7), but lintian
> > can't check this.  (Not easily, anyway.)

> Alternatively, since for lintian all we want is a heuristic, an
> approach like this might work:

I'll leave the implementation details up to Gecko.  I'd rather see a
warning in all cases, since using undocumented(7) *is* a bug[1].  Also,
having a warning in all cases will make it easier for people searching
for man pages to write (as I mentioned before).

People whose pride is hurt because they're no longer lintian clean?
Tough!  The package is buggy as long as it doesn't have a man page.
A few wounded prides won't kill the project.  I think this is a useful
and important reminder, and we really should have it.