Re: no lintian warning on undocumented(7)

On Thu, Feb 03, 2000 at 12:23:06AM -0800, Chris Waters wrote:
> It's a bug report against lintian, not policy, but maybe it's
> something we should discuss and decide on this group anyway: should
> lintian report a warning for the use of undocumented(7)?
>
> (I note from rereading that Gecko seemed to think I was trying to
> force a policy change -- in actuality, while I'd like to see policy
> change, I'd like to see the lintian warning in any case.)

Actually, this bug *should* be against policy. I agree with you on this
point, but you have to follow procedure to get your idea acted on:

-> file a bug report against policy, *including an appropriate diff*
-> Cc the report to this list...

if you can get consensus, then get policy amended and file a report against
lintian.

I'll be one of your seconds if you do this.

--
..Aaron Van Couwenberghe... ..avancouw@calpoly.edu.. ..aaronv@debian.org..
	Berlin:			http://www.berlin-consortium.org

A witty saying proves nothing.