Re: Making /usr/doc/XXX symbolic link to ../share/doc/XXX is BAD idea

On 25 Jan 2000, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> reassign 47298 debian-policy
> thanks
>
> Hi,
>
>         If this is a bug, then it needs to be fixed for all packages,
>  not just libcgi-perl.
>

>  Marc> Due to lack of space on the main partition, I moved /usr/doc to
>  Marc> some other partition (let's call it /DISK2) and made /usr/doc
>  Marc> to be a symbolic link to /DYSK2/doc. Unfortunately, during next
>  Marc> upgrade I found, that: [...]

We do not currently support /usr/doc being a symlink to somewhere else,
The right way to do this is to mount a partition under /usr/doc.

I think this has to be fixed by Marc in his system.

Thanks.

--
 "78d37ea3c9caf7162a909b163f6ecad5" (a truly random sig)