Re: er

Package: debian-policy

Chris Waters wrote:
> Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> writes:
>
> > I'd rather have /usr/lib/package/exmaples, with
> > /usr/share/doc/package/examples linking to it.
>
> Yes, that seems like the most appropriate way to deal with example
> binaries.  Lets hope, though, that example binaries is not something
> that we have to deal with very often.  :-)

Ok, I propose the following change to section 6.6:

  Any examples (configurations, source files, whatever), should be
  installed in a directory `/usr/share/doc/<package>/examples'. These
  files should not be referenced by any program--they're there
  for the benefit of the system administrator and users, as documentation
- only.
+ only. Architecture-specific example files should be installed in a directory
+ `/usr/lib/<package>/examples`, with a symlink to
+ `/usr/share/doc/<package>/examples`

--
see shy jo