Re: er

Hi,
>>"Joey" == Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> writes:

 Joey> I just realized something. With all this furur over /usr/share/doc,
 Joey> we seem to have skipped right over the question of where do arch-dependant
 Joey> example files go. Where?

        Since they are jsut examples, I think they can be classified
 as akin to documentation, and still go in the usual place, namely,
 /usr/share/doc/package/*. There is no harm done, and no loss of
 functionality. The only problem is disk space, and if the example
 files are huge, then they should be spun out as another package (just
 like we recommend for documentation).

        If all the examples refer to a single arch, we can have
 /usr/share/doc/package/i386-examples/, which is clear and would
 obvious to even a casual observer about what the contents of the dir
 are.

        If you have multiple arch example, then we can have:
 /usr/share/doc/package/examples/{i386,alpha,sparc,...}

        Does this sound reasonable?

        manoj
--
 "Never underestimate the power of a small tactical nuclear weapon."