Re: /usr/share/doc (was Re: weekly policy summary)

>         No. I said that under the guidelines, there has been no
>  provision to reopen proposals that were rejected under the same
>  guidelines. People are not really constrained to follow the
>  guidelines.

I don't see anything in the guidelines that forbids either a)
persuading people to withdraw their objections, or b) modifying the
proposal to answer those objections.

In fact, the whole "formal objection" thing is pretty vague in the
proposal policy.  I thought that was deliberate, to give us room to
maneuver.  I'd hate to see us set any unfortunate precedents here (as
very nearly seems to be happening, with people inventing the "five
formal objections" rule).  I'd like to keep the proposal policy
reasonably *in*formal.