Re: FHS or FSSTND or NOTHING

On Fri, Mar 26, 1999 at 07:33:25PM -0800, Jim Lynch wrote:
> Fabrizio Polacco <fpolacco@icenet.fi> said in the message identified as <[🔎] 19990323171351.D2511@none>:
> > Not all of FHS will be used.
>
> say WHAT?? Part of Debian's stability is owed to its STRICT adherence to
> standards such as fsstnd and fhs.
>
> Why would Debian not use all of fhs?

Ian Jackson doesn't like it, and he carries a lot of clout around here.
(Deservedly so, but I don't really know the reasons for his objections to
FHS -- IIRC, he doesn't like all the subdirectories of /var that the FHS
includes).

--
G. Branden Robinson              |     "I came, I saw, she conquered."  The
Debian GNU/Linux                 |     original Latin seems to have been