Re: FHS or FSSTND or NOTHING

On Mon, Mar 22, 1999 at 10:39:27PM -0800, Darren O. Benham wrote:
> Just what is "official" Debain policy?
>
> "Everyone" says we want to switch to FHS.
> There are issues concerning the FHS.
> I'm setting up new packages.
>
> Am I supposed to use the FHS that "we want to switch to" or the FSSTND that
> we used to have... or anything I damn well please?

Not all of the FHS will be used.
For what I am concerned, you can install your manpages into
/usr/share/man instead of /usr/man (all other man locations remain), but
the two locations are not incompatible, so there is no urgency to do
this if it is the only change in your package, just put it in the queue
and let it go.
This is not a call to upload new packages.

fab