Re: smarter way to differ architectures needed?

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de (Marcus Brinkmann)  wrote on 09.02.99 in <[🔎] 19990209022728.A16432@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>:

>     QUESTION: Can one port have a package with the same name as a package in
>     binary-all? What would happen if I would upload a package "makedev" with
>     Architecture: hurd-i386? Would it replace only the symlnk in the Hurd
>     port, or would it affect other ports, too?

Remember that we use package names as keys - for example, in the BTS. So
there *must not* ever be two packages with the same name.

If we need both a Linux and a Hurd (and a BSD and ...) "makedev" package,
then let's call them makedev-linux, makedev-hurd, makedev-bsd and so on
... or else, build a combined version.

MfG Kai