Re: Gnome to be removed from debian?

What we need is to not have infinite numbers of libgtk1.1.x libs in the
distribution. Stick with libgtk1.1 and use shlibs to ensure things get
recompiled against them. I would much rather have one lib and many
programs that break on the next release than tons of libs _and_ still
many broken programs as well as a mess on my system.

IOT, yes I believe that part of this is the maintainers fault for not
packaging correctly, we have shlibs for a reason, use them and not some
lame package/version name.

UnixGroup Admin - Jordan Systems Inc.                 bcollins@debian.org