Re: [nathan@dnase.hpw.pri.bms.com (Nathan O. Siemers)] Humble Request Re: New release over due

I am not sure that potato got pushed back due to trying to do too much -- I
think it got pushed back because the boot floppies aren't ready. From slink
to potato involves moving to kernel 2.2 (2.4 will be out soon, and potato
will look antiquated once again..) and incremental upgrades to the little
bits.

I am not sure it was trying to do too much; 2.2 needed to happen, and the
bootfloppies just don' work on all systems. I would love to help the
bootfloppies group, but I just don't have the time amidst my programming
labs.. hehe. :)

I am not sure if I agree with you or disagree with you. I moved to potato
from slink, and felt very good about it. The closest my system came to being
unstable was a few days when netscape really sucked. Since then, and I have
kept up-to-date usually every day or two, my system has been fairly stable.
I would consider running unstable on a production server; it seems that
nice. :)

Have fun :)