Re: [PROPOSED] Change package relations policy to remove references to non-free from main

On Fri, Dec 03, 1999 at 03:47:16PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> Suppose we were to have four distributions, instead of three: non-free,
> contrib, main and gpl-only. gpl-only being that subset of main which is
> gpl-compatible.

If we create a gpl-compatible, it will be for developers more than
end users.  Which means that for gpl-compatible the source packages
are much more interesting than the binary .deb files.  So I don't
see that this should be an issue there.

Once again: why are we talking about making our package meta-data
specification more complicated to support a small subset of non-free
packages?

--
Raul