Re: Thoughts about src-dep implementation

>         Yet another plug for cvs-buildpackage.

Actually, yes, I can't recommend cvs-buildpackage highly enough, it's
an outstanding tool.  Anyone who's not using it is causing themselves
unnecessary pain and anguish, IMO.

But I audit my diffs *anyway*, just for good luck.  You never know
what odd things you'll find.... :-)

And as for that package I mentioned before that doesn't have clean
diffs?  Well, first, the garbage was already in the diffs when I
adopted the package, so I'll have to manually remove it.  And second,
the upstream source isn't cvs-clean, so I'm not managing it with
cvs-buildpackage just yet.  (I've been promised a fix in the next
release.)

> I never audit my diffs, yet I know for a fact that no junk gets into
> the diffs -- cvs-buildpacakge does a rm -rf; and re exports a fresh
> set ;-)

Which actually means that cvs-buildpackage is *contributing* to the
problem of "debian/rules clean" not working, because you never need it
and thus never use it it.  Believe me, I speak from experience here.
OTOH, cvs-buildpackage is so useful otherwise that I'll live with that
minor flaw.  :-)

cheers