Re: Source dependencies: are we ready?

On Tue, Oct 26, 1999 at 06:31:14AM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:
> Just so I don't have to go looking all over creation, what was the general
> consensus on how dpkg-* scripts should handle and react to these fields?

IMHO dpkg-source should not check them, or at most warn (they are not
unpack depends but build depends). dpkg-buildpackage should check them,
but allow the user to override the check (with three options: no check,
warning only, stop on errors).  Remember, apt-get -b source and the
build daemons will have set the system up correctly and checking the
situation in dpkg-* scripts will just take resources for no good reason.

                                  ""
                             (John Cage)