Re: persistence of /usr/doc/$pkg (Was: debhelper: /usr/doc problems again)

Manoj Srivastava wrote:

>     if [ -d /usr/doc ]; then
>         # Well, we still need to handle this, at least for the time being
>         if [   -d /usr/share/doc/$package_name ]; then
>             # So the new doc dir exists, goody
>             if [ -d /usr/doc/$package_name ]; then
>                 echo "Yikes! The old directory, /usr/doc/$package_name"
>                 echo "has not ben removed! This is an error; attemptig"
>                 echo "repairs"
>                 if [ -f /usr/doc/$package_name/.dhelp ]; then
>                     rm -f /usr/doc/$package_name/.dhelp
>                     rmdir --ignore-fail-on-non-empty /usr/doc/$package_name/
>                 fi
> [...]

All this will fail if at some time in the future /usr/doc is a symlink to
/usr/share/doc. I have posted a similar script 3 weeks ago (see
http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-policy-9909/msg00240.html)
which does not have this problem.

--
Stefan Gybas