Re: Policy about policy

Hi,
>>"Raul" == Raul Miller <moth@magenta.com> writes:

 Raul> I must say that I'm disappointed in the responses I've gotten from
 Raul> the policy group.  While I've seen one message with specific advice
 Raul> (roughly: go ahead and propose some changes and we'll judge them),
 Raul> most of the responses I've gotten have been overly general platitudes.

        What do you exect? You jump in as a seld confessed newcomer to
 this group ( who admits to haveing several megabytes of mail left to
 read), and come in with high profile intent to change the way we work
 (with the obvious implication that the group has screwed up, and
 needs be rescued from on high). Whya re you so surprised that people
 are not jumping up in joy?

        You don't even offer a hint of a solution, apart from
 platitutes, and, IMHO, a mostly unworkable proposal to ask developers
 who have shown o sign of interest either in the policy group, or in
 the policy weekly posting, to add to noise in the group (yes, this is
 a biased view). Pardon me that I do not show more enthusiasm until I
 have something to be enthusiastic about.

        Despite your obvious belittlement of the way the -policy group
 has been functioning, some of us here like what we hanve manageds to
 accomplish.

        And rather than telling us we do not have the power to do what
 we have already done, the project would be better served if this
 group were indeed ratified as having the power, and have the
 constitution formalize existing practice, for once.

        manoj
--
 You could get a new lease on life -- if only you didn't need the
 first and last month in advance.