Re: Processed: Re: consensus on debug (-g) policy

Hi,

        I apologize. After re-reading the paragraph, I see that I was
 misinterpreting it. The sentence
> NOTE: Debhelper's ``dh_strip'' command will honor this policy, so
> that old packages that use it will automatically compile and keep
> the debug symbols when DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS contains ``debug''
> (although they will still build with -g by default, and should be
> changed).
        still confused me after reading it several times. I see now
 that he did not indicate there was a flaw in dh_*, but that the rules
 file needed be changed.

        I was confused enough by that statement that I took it at what
 I thought was its face value.

        I apologize to the helper package authors.

        manoj
--
 There comes a time in the affairs of a man when he has to take the
 bull by the tail and face the situation. W.C. Fields