Re: consensus on debug (-g) policy

Hi,
>>"Ben" == Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:

 Ben> NOTE: I added a blurb about debhelper's dh_strip abiding by this policy,
 Ben> since Joey said he would make the change if it was passed. This is a good
 Ben> thing since packages that depend on dh_strip will automatically follow
 Ben> this policy (almost, they still compile with -g by default).

        Would you please reconsider? So far, the polic refreains from
 mentioning any helper package by name, and rightly so. There are a
 number of them out there, and so far, we have refrained from hinting
 that they are in any way required for building packages (I know,
 niether are you). However, not mentioning YASD or debmake but
 mentioning dh_* is not something I feel comfortable with.

        One shoul minimize references to any packages (apart from the
 package amnagement system, possibly) in the technical policy document
 itself.

        I would not object to the final form, with this specific blurb
 removed.

        manoj
--
 How many retured bricklayers from FLORIDA are out purchasing PENCIL
 SHARPENERS right NOW??