Re: policy summary for past two weeks

Hi,
>>"Nicolás" == Nicolás Lichtmaier <nick@debian.org> writes:

 Nicolás>  And this was handled pretty bad:

 Nicolás> 1) The update to the policy was obviously bad. It needed
 Nicolás>    more discussion. Bad for the policy editors.

        What policy editors? There aren't any who have editorial
 power. And your comment is the reason why.  Sorry, unlike with
 Christian, we do not have a ready scapegoat to blame this time.

 Nicolás> 3) If this `formal obection' mechanism worked this way here,
 Nicolás>    then it's badly designed. People can use it for normal
 Nicolás>    votes... so if 40 people likes a proposal and 5 don't the
 Nicolás>    proposal get dumped.

        Creating technical policy based on popular vote is a bad
 idea. The design was predicated on the fact that people in this list
 would not frivolously object to proposals, and any proposal so
 objected to was so seriously flawed that no further discussion on
 that ptoposal would be worth it.

        If we assume that people in this group act rationally, then
 formal objections would only happen to proposals that have no
 merit. Ordinary consensus building is supposed to take care of flaws
 in non egrigious proposals.

        manoj
--
 Fortune's Real-Life Courtroom Quote #32: Q: Do you know how far
 pregnant you are right now? A: I will be three months November