Re: policy summary for past two weeks

On Sun, Aug 01, 1999 at 06:42:36PM -0300, Nicolás Lichtmaier wrote:
> > I'm almost at the point that I'm ready to agree with the small and growing
> > group of people who are saying screw the transition---the only thing it
> > really hurts is /usr/doc/pac<tab> and being a creature of habit that
> > annoys me.  But I'd deal with it.
>
>  I think this is the whole problem with this issue. You are not creating a
> distribution for you. Debian has many more users than me and you. We should
> try to make them comfortable and we all know that nearly every user will
> hate the transition as it's being carried out now.

Then someone needs to come up with a solution, NOW.  Not in a month, not
in three months, not after we release potato.  I don't like having two doc
directories to look in either, but we seem to be running out of other
options.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>             Debian GNU/Linux developer
GnuPG: 2048g/3F9C2A43 - 20F6 2261 F185 7A3E 79FC  44F9 8FF7 D7A3 DCF9 DAB3