Re: PROPOSAL: changelog.html.gz sanitization

Joseph Carter wrote:
> I think the html changelog SHOULD be there since that is its native form.
> lynx can be guaranteed to make a mess of anything more complex than a
> simple HTML file and as a result the original HTML should be provided in
> those cases.  Since it's hard to deal with ifs like that in the policy,
> and since it doesn't hurt a lot, I would say it'd be good to have both.

Why not just give the developer leeway to tell if lynx is making a mess of
things, and include the html changelog in that case, or write a better
de-html program for their changelog? We don't have to spell out every case
in policy, just give people a direction to go and enough leeway to get
there.

--
see shy jo