Re: Debian conflicts with FHS on /usr/include/{linux,asm}

   Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 13:28:27 +0200
   From: Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>

   IMHO, any kernel module should be able to accept the path to the version of
   the kernel tree that it shall be compiled for. This is also important if I
   have several versions of the kernel, or if I want to compile for a kernel
   version that I don't have installed (in binary) on this system.

I agree, and I do accept the path to a version of the kernel tree it
shall be compiled for.  It requires editing the Makefile, though, and
this is not pleasant for naive users.  Even if you make it a nice shell
script, merely asking this question and demanding the user to answer is
scary.

   This path can be /usr/src/linux by default. Kernel modules should probably
   not include /usr/include/{asm,linux} at all.

I can live with this.  But /usr/src/linux needs to be a valid default
that works for naive users.

						- Ted