message if responding about a particular bug, and (b) take care to
Cc: nnnnn@bugs.debian.org to ensure that the response joins the right
bug report and doesn't get lost.

   Julian

#20373: init.d scripts should not start daemons in the wrong runlevel.
   This seems to be quite important: we don't wan't someone installing
   a networking package in single-user mode to suddenly discover that
   they are connected to the outside world without them knowing.
   Please could someone have a look at and second this proposal?

#33826: naming init.d scripts: policy should describe when scripts
   should and should not have a .sh suffix.

#23661: security implications of /usr/doc being accessible by default
   though web servers.

Two new virtual packages requested:
  #8221:  ispell-dictionary
  #24695: man-browser

#26159: The contact name in the virtual packages list needs changing.
   (Manoj may have done this already; I haven't yet had a chance to
   check.)

#27869: We should have a policy on icon location.

#29770: Policy should be clearer about conffiles and configuration
   files: conffiles are those listed in DEBIAN/conffiles;
   configuration files might not be listed.  And packages should not
   be permitted to directly modify the *configuration* files of other
   packages.

#34046: There should be an X-free runlevel; more generally a runlevels
   policy.

#36151: init.d scripts should begin with an explicit PATH (and IFS
   etc?) so that they work even in strange situations.

  Julian Gilbey, Dept of Maths, QMW, Univ. of London. J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk
        Debian GNU/Linux Developer,  see http://www.debian.org/~jdg