Re: Some comments on policy 3.0.0.0 proposal (1999-06-29)

On Jul 01, Yann Dirson wrote:
> 5.6. Mail transport agents
>
> "The mail spool is `/var/spool/mail'"
>
> Is this really necessary ?  exim uses another one
> (/var/spool/exim/input/ IIRC) and I don't think it breaks anything but
> the policy here.

I think you're confusing the internal mail queue with the user's
mailbox.  "The mail spool" in this instance is the user mailbox directory.

Chris
|          Chris Lawrence         |       Get your Debian 2.1 CD-ROMs       |
|     <quango@watervalley.net>    |        http://www.lordsutch.com/        |
|     Grad Student, Pol. Sci.     |     Do you want your bank to snoop?     |
|    University of Mississippi    |    http://www.defendyourprivacy.com/    |