Re: weekly policy summary

Hi,
>>"Wichert" == Wichert Akkerman <wichert@cs.leidenuniv.nl> writes:

 Wichert> I'm not sure I like this one. This would mean that main is
 Wichert> no longer self-contained, which I would consider a bad
 Wichert> thing.

        This is a matter of semantics, but I consider main to be
 composed of main-US and main-nonUS. Thus, in my eyes, the policy
 proposal does not cause main to be not self contained (it makes CD's
 legaly sold in the US not self consistent, and that too is bad, but
 for other reasons).

 Wichert> I wonder if it would be a better idea to move those package
 Wichert> from contrib to non-US/main so we can have both
 Wichert> self-contained main and main+non-US/main CD's?

        This sounds reasonable.

        manoj
--
 "The History of every major Galactic Civilization tends to pass
 through three distinct and recognizable phases, those of Survival,