Re: weekly policy summary

On Sun, Jun 06, 1999 at 01:18:35PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> > Software depending on non-US (#37251)
> >   * Under discussion.
> >   * Proposed on 06 May 1999 by Marco d'Itri; seconded by Gordon
> >     Matzigkeit, Joseph Carter, Chris Waters and Davide G. M. Salvett.
> >   * Proposal to allow software that depends on software in non-us into
> >     main (currently restricted to contrib).
> >     ( This may be unnecessary given the recent re-org of non-us. )
>
> I'm not sure I like this one. This would mean that main is no longer
> self-contained, which I would consider a bad thing. I wonder if it
> would be a better idea to move those package from contrib to non-US/main
> so we can have both self-contained main and main+non-US/main CD's?

This would I think still require policy changes, just different ones I
think..  It's probably a better plan than what is being suggested above,
so I'm withdrawing my support for #37251 in favor of your better plan.

"and i actually like debian 2.0 that much i completely revamped the
default config of the linux systems our company sells and reinstalled any
of the linux systems in the office and here at home.."