Re: [Ian Jackson <ian@chiark.greenend.org.uk>] General bug policy

Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> wrote:
> Christian Kurz wrote:
> > I'm not sure if this acceptable anymore as we are starting to revive
> > the qa-team. In some situationt they also need the right to close a bug
> > report and so we need to make the above statement clearer than now.

> The qa team is either working on a package owned by debian-qa, in which case
> it is effectivly their package and they may close bugs, or they are working
> on some one else's package, in which case they're doing a NMU and should
> follow the guidlines for that. I don't see a need for a special excemption.

Right, but the above sentence had in my opinion the intention that
even QA-Members not have the permission so set a bug to priority fixed
and this should be made clear. Also what should a QA-Member do if he
finds a grave/important bug during freeze time and the maintainer isn't
reachable? Do we have to wait until he's back and release a buggy
version or is debian-qa to make a NMU or even close the bug?

Cheers
       Christian
--
It is not a good omen when goldfish commit suicide.
/* http://www.rhein-neckar.de/~jupiter/                       Christian Kurz  */