Re: [Ian Jackson <ian@chiark.greenend.org.uk>] General bug policy

Christian Kurz wrote:
> Right, but the above sentence had in my opinion the intention that
> even QA-Members not have the permission so set a bug to priority fixed
> and this should be made clear. Also what should a QA-Member do if he
> finds a grave/important bug during freeze time and the maintainer isn't
> reachable? Do we have to wait until he's back and release a buggy
> version or is debian-qa to make a NMU or even close the bug?

Section 7 of the developer's reference lays out a set of guidelines (just
guidelines) that make sense in general. If one were to follow them, then:

     During the release freeze (see Section 6.2.2.1, Uploading to
     _frozen_'), NMUs which fix important or higher severity bugs are
     encouraged and accepted. Even during this window, however, you should
     endeavor to reach the current maintainer of the package; they might be
     just about to upload a fix for the problem.

--
see shy jo