Re: PROPOSAL: libtool archive (`*.la) files in `-dev' packages

Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> writes:

> Ossama Othman wrote:
> > Where do we stand on my proposal to include `.la' files in `-dev'
> > packages?
[...]
> Currently your proposal has only one seconder, it needs another. At that
> point it can become an amentment to policy if the group is in consensus.

I would like to know more about the pros and cons of the proposal
before participating in any sort of "consensus".  My impression has
been that libtool is mostly not needed on Linux-based systems.  So,
I'm a little dubious about the idea of requiring it in -dev packages.
But I'm open to debate.