Re: PROPOSAL: libtool archive (`*.la) files in `-dev' packages

Ossama Othman wrote:
> Where do we stand on my proposal to include `.la' files in `-dev'
> packages?
>
> This is my first proposal on debian-policy.  Is there a "procedure" I
> need to follow to make the proposal official (I noticed some people
> filing wishlist bug-reports) or is just posting a proposal to this
> mailing list enough?

You can follow the procedure outlined at
http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-policy-9810/msg00046.html . Bug
reports are optional. They will ensure nobody forgets about your proposal
though.

Currently your proposal has only one seconder, it needs another. At that
point it can become an amentment to policy if the group is in consensus.

--
see shy jo