Re: Software in main that is throughly useless without non-free software

Luis Villa wrote:

> P.S. I fully support the maintainers who reject tik,

I don't.
>                                                      and hope that policy
> will be clarified so that the various ICQ clients and word-format
> converters can be moved out of main.

Now that would be even worse!

word2x doesn't depend on MS-Word to be useful, it reads a
proprietary formated document!

I hate to use Word, and hate to have Word documents on my system
(you can really grep through them to find stuff and identify a
document), but it's the standard at my place of work (where I use
Linux all day).  I'm thankful that there exist _free_ readers for
it.   I don't see why being able to read a proprietary format
makes it non-free.

Peter