Re: PROPOSAL: libtool archive (`*.la) files in `-dev' packages

On Tue, May 04, 1999 at 12:56:06PM -0500, Ossama Othman wrote:
> Opinions?  Would this be something we could add to our packing
> policies?

Just a simple question, how many packages (percentage guess) does this
stand to _help_? Even if most libraries are compiled with libtool, most
programs which link with it are not. I'm just a little concerned that
we will polute the /lib and /usr/lib directories for little advantage.

Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org>                        Debian GNU/Linux
OpenLDAP Dev - bcollins@openldap.org     The Choice of the GNU Generation