Re: Mechanism for removing developers

On Thu, Jan 28, 1999 at 10:22:12PM -0600, Steve Greenland wrote:

> Hmmm. Both cron and nvi have some very old bugs. I haven't sent anything
> to the submitters in quite a while w.r.t. those bugs. I agree that they
> are bugs, but I also think that they are fairly obscure (no one else
> has complained in the meantime), and would require a significant amount
> of effort to fix. I leave them open because if I ever get the time and
> inclination, I'll tackle them. Possibly someone else will feel the

This is not the sort of thing I'm talking about.  You read and answer
e-mail.  There are people out there that completely ignore bug reports; not
even saying "this is difficult and it may be awhile before it gets fixed" to
the submittor.  If they're queried, they ignore the queries.  Again, as I've
said many times, I do not have a quibble with old bug reports themselves; my
quibble is with maintainers that shirk responsibility.  I do not consider
the behavior you have mentioned to fit that description.