Re: Mechanism for removing developers

> > 12 months ?  If i send an bug-report i expect an answer within 1-2 weeks!!
> > Ok, for
> > some packages (like dpkg) i wait longer.
> >
> > So, if a maintainer doesn't answer within _one_ month he should be mailed!!!
> > After
> > a second month he should be set to 'hold'.
> Why?  Why should he be forced to acknowledge your bug reports?  If you want an
> answer, pester him with email, yourself.  Don't seek to get him thrown out of
> the Project.

That was the reason one said "he should mail an notice about the bug report or
he should request help".

> answer, pester him with email, yourself.  Don't seek to get him thrown out of

One mail is enough -- the bug report! I like it to see an fast upload from the
maintainer then doing an NMU (with source) after a week or two. My bug-list is
to big to pester every maintainer again and again.

MfG,

    Hartmut

PS: i'll not thrown out any 'active' maintainer or an maintainer on vacation!