Re: [PROPOSED] Merging the packaging manual and policy packages

Hi,
>>"Joey" == Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> writes:

 >> This act by itself I do not have any problem with. I would not complain if
 >> the two documents were in the same package. However, pretending the
 >> Packaging Manual is policy is a bad idea. It was a reference guide
 >> previously.

 Joey> I agree with both points.

	Actually, under the previous policy czar, the policy manual,
 the packaging manual, and the developers reference -- they all were
 held to be the Debian Policy documents.

 >> Tread carefully here - you entered into this conversation by rewriting
 >> history and are now severely underestimating the consequences of your
 >> actions.

 Joey> Odd, I get this feeling too. Maybe I've just forgotten
 Joey> everything that happened before xmas, but I don't remember
 Joey> history as Manoj is presenting it.

	I guess so. I have already quoted the discussion held here in
 september when there was a proposal of what constituted the core
 policy documents, and the only objections were to the developers
 reference. Look it up. It is all in the archives.

	manoj
--
 Anyone who thinks UNIX is intuitive should be forced to write 5000
 lines of code using nothing but vi or emacs. AAAAACK! (Discussion in