Re: DRAFT: Fixing the architecture query options of dpkg.

Previously Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>	Packaging manual is too policy. The rationale for that has
> been lost in the mists of time, but this is something that is already
> policy; please float a move to get it changed if you do not like it.

I tried to find a place where that is mentioned, since this I had never
heard before the packaging manual is policy. The closest thing I can
find is section 1.1 which mentions the package manual, but still says
that the policy manual is where the technical requirements for packages
are specified.  I can see why the packaging manual is policy though.

Does anyone know why debian/rules is obliged to be a makefile? I can't
find any good reason, except tradition and ease of maintenance.

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl