Re: DRAFT: Fixing the architecture query options of dpkg.

Hi,

 Wichert> Previously Richard Braakman wrote:
 >> It does.  Packaging Manual, section 3.2.1, says that debian/rules
 >> is an executable makefile that starts with the string `#!/usr/bin/make -f'.

 Wichert> Packaging manual isn't policy. I don't see any reason why a
 Wichert> shell script should not be used for very simply packages..

	Packaging manual is too policy. The rationale for that has
 been lost in the mists of time, but this is something that is already
 policy; please float a move to get it changed if you do not like it.

	manoj
--
 Real computer scientists only write specs for languages that might
 run on future hardware.  Nobody trusts them to write specs for