Re: libc6_2.0.7 release notes...

Hi,
>>"Patrick" == Patrick Ouellette <pouellet@eng.utoledo.edu> writes:

 Patrick> I found no mention in the web site's policy manual of
 Patrick> version numbering.

	That is because t is in the packaging manual. Debian Policy
 Manual is a little bit of a misnomer in that policy is actually
 spread over a number of authoritative documents; the packaging manual
 being one of them.

 Patrick> If policy is not created/changed to handle this, we are
 Patrick> doomed to revisit it.

	I do not think policy need necessarly mandate anything
 here. It can be left up to the maintianer to use either epochs,
 suffix previous-version.99.X or something, use pre and release, or
 use -0pre as they see fit.

	I still think that pre-releases are not upstrem releases, they
 are merely Debian maintainers releasing early, releasing often, and
 the use of the -0 debian revision is legal under current policy;
 however, if an explicit mention is deemed important, we may move to
 amend policy to do so.

	manoj
--
 Opinion, that great fool, makes fools of all.  -- Field