Re: Mangling other people's code

Ian Jackson <ian@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
> The first case was dpkg, whose build system has been replaced with a
> fragile Byzantine monstrosity which depends on libtool and automake
> and is the source of several bug reports. Also, a directory was
> renamed without rhyme or reason ! I intend (when I have some tuits) to
> undo all that and go back to the previous arrangements.

I think that when you step out of the development cycle you have the
right to make your wishes for the software known.  But that's between
you and who you hand it off to.

I think that you have every right to drop back to the version you
have confidence in, and bring it forward.

I think both of these are fundamental to our general approach of:
responsiblity resides in the person who is willing to tackle the
work.

--
Raul