Re: Mangling other people's code

Although I'm the "culprit" in the second case, I don't have in any way
a problem with such a statement.  The problem I mainly see is that who
will judge the necessacity of the change?

If as part of enhancements, bug fixing, performance improvements,
etc., code changes are justified (or though of as being helpful as
part of the process) according to the current maintainer(s) and say a
year later the original author wants to do some work, to which extend
does the latter have a right to complain?

Thanks,

Ardo