Re: Proposal: remove the Sysadmin manual referece

[ Please don't Cc: public replies to me. ]

"Oliver Elphick":
> Counter-Proposal: Lets get it written!
>
> The development version is available at http://www.debian.org/~elphick/ddp/ma
> nu
> als.html/system-administrator/index.html

Counter-counter-proposal: Let's use something that already exists!

The "Debian GNU/Linux System Administrator's Manual" outline mentioned
above seems to be based on my LDP book, the "Linux System Administrators'
Guide", which has existed for some years now. Or at least some of the
chapter titles are the same.

I don't mind if you want to use my SAG as the basis of a new manual,
but I find it silly not to work with the LDP on generating documentation.
Just as Debian isn't about writing new software, except where necessary
to create the distribution, it probably isn't the goal to write lots of
new documentation.

(The SAG home page is at http://www.iki.fi/liw/linux/sag/.)