Re: NAG messages.

On Wed, Sep 23, 1998 at 12:06:39PM -0400, Brian White wrote:
> > I don't care that you "don't want to remove people". This is unsolicited
> > spam and I want you to stop sending it to me.
>
> This is untrue and you know it.  You're registered as a Debian developer
> and all the perks/requisites that come with it.

So if I unilaterally decide to set up an email "service" that reminds
developers weekly what packages they have with lintian-warnings, that's
automatically a Debian "perk" or "requisite"?

I don't think so.  I don't see the nag messages written anywhere as
official policy, and I don't think they should be.  Dale should be free to
opt out of that system if he chooses.  If this results in him neglecting to
fix bugs in his packages for an egregious amount of time, there are always
NMU's or simple reassignment of his packages to someone else.  I, for one,
doubt that Dale's removal from the nag list would result in any such
irresponsibility.

Please do not misrepresent your unilateral decisions as consensus by the
corpus of the Debian devlopment community.

If I am mistaken about the "official" status of the nag messages, please
bring the relevant policy document to my attention.

--
G. Branden Robinson                 |  There's nothing an agnostic can't do
Purdue University                   |  if he doesn't know whether he believes