Re: Call for seconds: Policy modifications

Hi

 Manoj> No you don't. Not when I am installing/updating Debian on
 Manoj> my 200 machine compute farm. Especially since we do not
 Manoj> have unattended installs anyway, and even then I would
 Manoj> object to being spammed.

 Karl>  When you are installing Debian on 200 basicly identical machines, why
 Karl>  not install it on one box, then boot the others with a floppy, and
 Karl>  image the hard drive over an nfs mount?

	Are you saying that is the only method we shall support? What
 if the disks are not the same size? What ifd the machines have been
 bought over the years and are not identical? What if they have
 different architectures, and the only common factor is that they have
 Debian?

	And what about updates? The machines are not clones of each
 other, there is different datas on the drives. I still do not want to
 get spammed by the install process even if I do not use NFS
 replication.

	manoj
--
 We are what we are.