Re: Comments on policy modifications

Hi,
>>"Zed" == Zed Pobre <zed@moebius.interdestination.com> writes:

 >> Actually, so can lynx, MOzilla, netscape, and w3. I take back
 >> my objection. I did not realize that all the html browsers too
 >> transparently handle gzipped files

 Zed>     ?  I have Netscape 4.06 installed on my box, and it refuses to view
 Zed> html.gz files.  It just immediately prompts me to save it to disk, and
 Zed> strips the .gz suffix from the box (which is really irritating, because
 Zed> it won't really decompress on a save, either).  How did you get it to
 Zed> recognize compressed html?

 % netscape ./index.html.gz &
 % mozilla  ./index.html.gz &

	Also, the A-o choose-file option works fine. However, if I go
 through an HTTP server (apache, in my case), I loose the capability.

	manoj

--
 As I was walking down the street one dark and dreary day, I came upon
 a billboard and much to my dismay, The words were torn and tattered,