Re: Before we vote on Policy Proceedures

Hi,
>>"Darren" == Darren Benham <gecko@benham.net> writes:

 Darren> Manoj, Before we vote on the Policy Proceedures you proposed
 Darren> (and I'm in favor of them, in general) I think we should
 Darren> first settle the matter of the Constitution since THAT should
 Darren> be the basis for everything else.

	I think these are mostly orthogonal. The reasons are twofold
 -- we need an update mechanism for the policy, and the constitution
    proposal, by it's own rules, has expired, and has generally been
    mired in apathy.
 -- we need not resort to constitutional procedures to implement the
    update mechanism outlined in the guidelines I proposed, so there
    is no need wait for the ratification of the constituion.

	If people disagree, they can just vote NO ;-).

	In any case, lest this becomes yet another debating society
 debacle, the discussion period is ended; either we accept this, or we
 reject this.

	manoj
 no votes so far.
--
 Can anyone remember when the times were not hard, and money not
 scarce?