Re: Why we must ship at least some licenses (was: Manoj, ...

Hi,
>>"Marcus" == Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> writes:

 Marcus> Hello,

 Marcus> On Mon, Aug 17, 1998 at 10:30:55AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
 >> However, the essential package that provides
 >> /usr/doc/copyright caould well live in the verbatim section. We
 >> should not compromise on our free license stance any more than we
 >> compromise on our free software stance.

 Marcus> Do you want to do this for the copyright licenses in the
 Marcus> base-files only?  What about all the other copyrights (XFree,
 Marcus> Universities...), do you, and if yes, why do you want to
 Marcus> treat them differently?

	Oh, I was swayed by your arguments. Am I wrong? Are you
 proposing we rip packages and split them into main and verbatim
 parts, with the main part depending on the verbatim part?

	In view of your message, I think I may have been wrong in
 allowing myself to be swayed by your arguments that this was indeed
 unnecesary to be that strict about evil immutable licenses.

	Hoever, your current message has made me see the light
 again. Death to all enemies of the people! Down with evil
 licenses. Out with non-free software! Out, I say!

	Now, if you do not keep throwing my lack of spine in my face,
 I shall be willing to compromise a bit on the evil immutable licenses
 issue. You keep forcing it, and I shall really have to decide whether
 or not to take a stand on this.

	Don't force the issue, Marcus, and we'll let go of this for
 the moment. (Not that my standing alone on the high moral ground
 shall achive anything, since others in the list are more pragmatic
 [thank the lord] than I about this).

	As I said before, we do what we can. We shall try and make
 main as modifyable and fere as posible. Splitting each package does
 seem over the top.

	manoj
--
 Fortune's Law of the Week (this week, from Kentucky): No female shall
 appear in a bathing suit at any airport in this State unless she is