Re: Next Debian goals

On Jul 27, Jules Bean <jmlb2@hermes.cam.ac.uk> wrote:

 >>   Marco d'Itri: probably GPG is not ready yet
 >I understood the outcome of the last discussion here to be that it very
 >nearly is.  In particular, I'd like to note that GPG supports idea and rsa
It's not. RSA clearsigning has been fixed just some days ago, many
functions are still full of bugs, there is no manual and is lacking some
features. But it's progressing speedly.
Debian users should help beta testing it. Mutt users can use it instead
of PGP:
set pgp_gpg="/usr/local/bin/gpg"
set pgp_default_version=gpg

They can put in ~.gnupg/options:

load-extension idea
load-extension rsa
default-key 0x<RSA key ID>
# For PGP < 2.6.3ia
no-comment

to have full PGP 2.6 compatibility.
Get it from ftp://ftp.guug.de/pub/gcrypt/.

 >Personally, I'd like to see better support for sharing directories (in
 >particular /usr/share, but also /usr) between machines.  Has anyone had
 >any thoughts on this?
We need the apt feature for not installing files in /usr/.

--
ciao,
Marco